This is Last Night’s Numbers, a daily feature where we run through the NBA games from the night before, highlighting one or two numbers I found particularly interesting from each game. All the stats are from Hoopdata’s box scores, which contain some additional advanced stats not available in traditional box scores.
Miami 118 – Cleveland 90
- In his return to Cleveland LeBron James had 38 points on a 65.6% TS%, 5 rebounds, 8 assists with no turnovers. Something to prove?
- Miami’s Big Three combined for 75 points, 19 rebounds, 20 assists, 5 steals and just 6 turnovers. They were 31 of 52 from the field on the night. Has the sleeping giant awakened?
- Cleveland shot just 35.6% from the field, turned the ball over on 14.7% of their possessions and grabbed just 44.8% of available rebounds.
Phoenix 107 – Golden State 101
- The Suns shot 54.8% from the field. They were led by Jason Richardson who put up 25 points on a 75.6% TS%.
- The Warriors were 14 of 19 at the rim and 9 of 18 on three pointers. they were just 18 of 45 from everywhere else.
- Grant Hill had the mid-range game going for the Suns. He was 7 of 8 from 10 to 23ft. Hill finished with 24 points on an 88% TS%.