This is Last Night’s Numbers, a daily feature where we run through the NBA games from the night before, highlighting one or two numbers I found particularly interesting from each game. All the stats are from Hoopdata’s box scores, which contain some additional advanced stats not available in traditional box scores.
Oklahoma City 99 – Dallas 95
- Kevin Durant led the way for the Thunder with 28 points on a 57.9% TS%. He was 4 of 5 at the rim but just 5 of 13 from beyond 15ft.
- Tyson Chandler had 18 big rebounds for the Mavs, including 6 on the offensive end. Unfortunately he and the rest of the Mavs couldn’t keep the Thunder off the offensive glass. Oklahoma City had 16 offensive boards for an ORR of 31.4%.
Sacramento 122 – Denver 105
- Both teams made more then half their shots, 50.8% for Denver and 56.5% for Sacramento. Each team did a great job getting to the line, with a FTR of 0.423 for Denver and 0.385 for Sacramento. The difference in the game was Sacramento’s 9 of 18 performance on three pointers and the Nuggets turning the ball over on 23.2% of their possessions.
- Tyreke Evans had 27 points, 12 assists, 5 rebounds, 1 steal and just a single turnover for the Kings. Evans’ 27 points came on a 66.8% TS%. He was 7 of 8 on shots at the rim.
- Denver posted a 103 ORtg. for the game despite having 12 assists. That’s an assist on just 33.3% of their made baskets.