This is Last Night’s Numbers, a daily feature where we run through the NBA games from the night before, highlighting one or two numbers I found particularly interesting from each game. All the stats are from Hoopdata’s box scores, which contain some additional advanced stats not available in traditional box scores.
Charlotte 83 – Chicago 82
- This game was played very evenly but with a total of 13, Chicago turned the ball over on 15.7% of their possessions as opposed to just 10.1% for Charlotte.
- Derrick Rose scored 33 points for Chicago but on just a 55.4% TS%. He was 5 of 7 at the rim but just 4 of 12 from outside of 15ft.
- D.J. Augustin scored 15 points on a 50.8% TS%. He did a great job getting in the lane, shooting 6 of 8 from inside of 10ft.
Atlanta 93 – Miami 89
- Dwyane Wade and LeBron James really struggled offensively. They combined to shoot 19 of 50 from the field and 2 of 16 on three pointers. Atlanta’s win would have been a lot bigger had James and Wade not combined to make 21 of 23 at the free throw line.
- This game was a clank-fest from the outside. The two teams combined to shoot 14 of 61, 23.0% on three pointers.
- Joel Anthony didn’t score a point for the Heat in 43 minutes but came up with 16 rebounds, including 8 on the offensive glass.