This is Last Night’s Numbers, a daily feature where we run through the NBA games from the night before, highlighting one or two numbers I found particularly interesting from each game. All the stats are from Hoopdata’s box scores, which contain some additional advanced stats not available in traditional box scores.
Chicago 109 – San Antonio 99
- Derrick Rose had 42 points on a 68.5 TS%. He had 8 assists, 5 rebounds and just a single turnover in 39 minutes. He used 43.2% of the Bulls’ possessions in the game.
- Derrick Rose and Tony Parker are two masters of dribble penetration. They combined to go 13 of 16 on shots at the rim.
- Chicago controlled the glass, grabbing 58.5% of available rebounds. Tim Duncan had 9 rebounds for the Spurs, no one else had more than 4.
Dallas 112 – Phoenix 106
- The Mavericks missed just one shot at the rim. They finished the game 17 of 18.
- Dirk Nowitzki scored 35 points on an 84.8 TS%. He was 3 of 3 on three pointers and 8 of 11 on long two pointers.
- Jason Kidd had 12 assists, 9 of which went for layups or three pointers.