This is Last Night’s Numbers, a daily feature where we run through the NBA games from the night before, highlighting one or two numbers I found particularly interesting from each game. All the stats are from Hoopdata’s box scores, which contain some additional advanced stats not available in traditional box scores.
Chicago 93 – Miami 89
- Luol Deng and Carlos Boozer combined for 24 shots, the same as Derrick Rose. Rose made 9, Boozer and Deng combined to make 14. They also added 19 rebounds and 7 assists.
- Chris Bosh was 1 of 18 on the night. He went 1 of 12 on shots from outside of 10ft.
- Miami recorded and assists on just 37.5% of their made baskets. As a team they had 12 assists and 12 turnovers for the game.
Denver 89 – Boston 75
- As if they were trying to prove to Danny Ainge how much they would miss Kendrick Perkins the Celtics grabbed just 42.3% of the available rebounds with an ORR of just 6.3%.
- New Nugget Wilson Chandler scored 16 points on a 74.3 TS% in 26 minutes. He knocked down 3 of 4 three pointers and grabbed 5 rebounds.
- The Celtics really struggled to make an outside shot. They were just 13 of 44 on shots from outside of 15ft.