This is Last Night’s Numbers, a daily feature where we run through the NBA games from the night before, highlighting one or two numbers I found particularly interesting from each game. All the stats are from Hoopdata’s box scores, which contain some additional advanced stats not available in traditional box scores.
Chicago 132 – Sacramento 92
- The theme for last night was blowouts and this was the flagship effort. The Bulls shot 61.3% from the field and made 12 of 17 three pointers. They also scored at least 30 points in every quarter and dropped 48 points on shots at the rim.
- Sacramento turned the ball over 23.4% of their possessions. DeMarcus Cousins has 8 turnovers.
- The Bulls recorded and assist on 69.4% of their shots and totalled 34 for the game.
Orlando 97 – Cleveland 86
- Dwight Howard scored 28 points on an 86.0 TS%. He also added 18 rebounds, 4 assists, 4 steals, 4 blocks and 4 turnovers.
- Cleveland’s frontcourt players combined to shoot 11 of 29 and grab just 20 rebounds.
- The Magic grabbed 55.3% of the available rebounds with an ORR of 30.0%.
Denver 123 – Toronto 90
- Seven different Nuggets scored in double figures in the game. Ty Lawson led the way score 23 points on an 87.9 TS%.
- The Nuggets recorded an assist on 72.1% of their possessions, totalling 31 for the game. Ty Lawson and J.R. Smith each had 8.
- Toronto shot 40.3% for the game, made just 11 of 26 shots at the rim and had 10 of their shots blocked.
Indiana 102 – New Jersey 98
- With a FTR of 0.417 the Pacers gave themselves a 15 point advantage at the free throw line. Darren Collison and Danny Granger combined to go 13 of 13 at the line.
- Roy Hibbert scored 24 points on a 70.3 TS%. He was 7 of 11 from inside of 10ft. and added 5 rebounds and 3 blocks.
- New Jersey was outrebounded overall, but did grab 17 offensive rebounds to keep the game close. Those 17 offensive rebounds worked out to an ORR of 30.9%.
Boston 96 – New York 86
- The Knicks shot just 40.6% for the game and turned the ball over on14.6% of their possessions compared to just 10.1% for the Celtics.
- The Celtics grabbed 55.9% of the available rebounds with an ORR of 25.6%.
- The Knicks attempted just 16 shots at the rim and 39 shots from outside of 15ft.
San Antonio 111 – Golden State 96
- Tony Parker scored 17 points and had 15 assists to just 3 turnovers. 10 of his 15 assists went for either three pointers or layups.
- The Spurs made 11 of 32 three pointers. Manu Ginobili led the way making 4 of 9.
- The Warriors turned the ball over on 17.5% of their possessions, compared to just 12.4% for the Spurs.
Memphis 103 – Utah 85
- The Jazz turned the ball over on 21.3% of their possessions, compared to just 10.1% for the Grizzlies. Andrei Kirilenko had 4 turnovers in just 17 minutes of play.
- Darrell Arthuer scored 14 points in 19 minutes for the Grizzlies on a 63.6 TS%. Arthur also chipped in 4 blocked shots.
- Mike Conley had 11 assists for the Grizzlies, 9 of which went for layups or three pointers.