This is Last Night’s Numbers, a daily feature where we run through the NBA games from the night before, highlighting one or two numbers I found particularly interesting from each game. All the stats are from Hoopdata’s box scores, which contain some additional advanced stats not available in traditional box scores.
Chicago 114 – Atlanta 81
- The Bulls’ offense absolutely decimated the Hawks. The Bulls shot 54.5% from the field and made 10 of 18 three pointers.
- Luol Deng scored 27 points on a 76.4 TS%. He was 6 of 6 on shots at the rim and 6 of 6 at the free throw line.
- The Bulls grabbed 60.3% of the available rebounds, with an ORR of 32.3%. THey also held the Hawks to just 9 made shots from inside of 10ft.
L.A. Lakers 139 – Phoenix 137 (3OT)
- With three overtimes there were plenty of amazing statistical performances. Lamar Odom played 55 minutes and scored 29 points on a 63.4 TS%. Odom also had 16 rebounds, 5 at the offensive end, and 5 assists.
- With a TO% of just 7.6% and an ORR of 30.0% the Lakers were able to give themselves 14 extra shot attempts.
- The two teams combined to make 28 of 68 three pointers. Four different players made at least 3.
Portland 111 – Washington 76
- The Wizards starting backcourt, John Wall and Jordan Crawford, combined to go 6 of 27 from the field and turn the ball over 10 times.
- For the game the Wizards turned the ball over on 27.2% of their possessions.
- Gerald Wallace scored 28 points for the Trail Blazers on a 76.1 TS%. He also added 8 rebounds, 5 at the offensive end, 3 assists and 4 steals in just 33 minutes.