This is Last Night’s Numbers, a daily feature where we run through the NBA games from the night before, highlighting one or two numbers I found particularly interesting from each game. All the stats are from Hoopdata’s box scores, which contain some additional advanced stats not available in traditional box scores.
Dallas 104 – Minnesota 96
- Anthony Randolph had a monster game filling in for the injured Kevin Love. Randolph scored 31 points on a 72.7 TS%. He was 8 of 10 on shots at the rim, and added 11 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals and a block.
- Jason Kidd has 13 assists for the Mavericks, 10 of which went for layups or three pointers.
- The Mavs were 19 of 24 on shots at the rim. 15 of those 19 shots were assisted on.
New Orleans 121 – Utah 117 (OT)
- Utah blocked 10 of New Orleans’ shots, including 3 by rookie Gordon Hayward. Those 10 blocks represented 11.6% of the Hornets’ shot attempts.
- The Hornets knocked down 15 of 26 shots from 16-23ft. Chris Paul was 6 of 6 and David West made 5 of 10.
- Chris Paul had 12 assists for the Hornets, 8 of which went for layups or three pointers.