This is Last Night’s Numbers, a (mostly) daily feature where we run through the NBA games from the night before, highlighting one or two numbers I found particularly interesting from each game. All the stats are from Hoopdata’s box scores, which contain some additional advanced stats not available in traditional box scores.
Miami 98 – Atlanta 90
- The Hawks missed 9 free throws in the game, finishing at 12 of 21. Josh Smith and Zaza Pachulia combined to go 3 of 9.
- Miami turned the ball over on 21.3% of their possessions. LeBron James was responsible for 7 of their 19 total turnovers.
- LeBron scored 34 points on a 62.5 TS%. He also had 10 rebounds, 7 assists and 3 steals.
Utah 90 – New Orleans 78
- The Jazz shot 55.3% for the game. They made 18 of their 24 shots inside of 10ft.
- The Hornets shot 37.9% for the game and made just 12 of 32 shots from inside of 10ft.
- The Jazz recorded 25 assists on 37 made baskets for an Ast% of 67.6%.
Denver 134 – Golden State 111
- The Nuggets turned the ball over on just 7.7% of their possessions.
- The Warriors hit 13 of their 25 three-point attempts in the game. Four different players made at least 3 three pointers.
- Chris Anderson has 12 rebounds and 4 blocks in just 22 minutes for the Nuggets. He also added 14 points on 6 of 10 shooting.
Cleveland 110 – Detroit 101
- Cleveland turned the ball over on 6.5% of their possessions, compared to 17.2% for the Pistons.
- Rodney Stuckey scored 29 points on a 73.5 TS%. He also added 14 assists, 10 of which went for layups or three-pointers.
- The Cavaliers made 26 of 37 of the shots at the rim. J.J. Hickson led the way, making 7 of 11.
Dallas 98 – Houston 91 (OT)
- Houston used just seven players in the game. None played fewer than 30 minutes.
- Kevin Martin led the Rockets with 28 points. His TS% was just 52.6% and he turned the ball over 7 times.
- The Rockets shot 19 of 70, or 27.1%, on all of their shots which didn’t come at the rim.
Milwaukee 93 – Toronto 86
- The Raptors turned the ball over on 21.1% of their possessions. Jerryd Bayless led the team with 6.
- Joey Dorsey had 20 rebounds in 33 minutes for the Raptors. 10 of his 20 rebounds came at the offensive end.
- John Salmons scored 24 points for the Bucks on a 70.3 TS%. He also had 7 rebounds, 2 assists and a steal.
Charlotte 105 – New Jersey 103
- The Bobcats shot 57% for the game, making 17 of their 22 shots at the rim. They also knocked down 14 of 25 long two-pointers.
- Brook Lopez scored 31 points for the Nets on a 58.4 TS%. As usual he had just 3 rebounds.
- D.J. Augustin had 11 assists. 8 of those 11 assists went for layups or three-pointers.
Orlando 95 – Philadelphia 85
- Ryan Anderson had 18 points and 14 rebounds in just 22 minutes. Anderson made 3 of 5 three-pointers.
- The Magic dominated the glass, grabbing 64.4% of the available rebounds, with an ORR of 45.2%. Ryan Anderson had 7 of their 19 offensive rebounds.
- The 76ers made just 14 of their 47 shot attempts from beyond 15ft.
Phoenix 135 – Minnesota 127
- Channing Frye scored 33 points for the Suns on a 91.7 TS%. He was 9 of 14 on three-pointers and all 12 of his made field goals were assisted on.
- As a team, the Suns made 18 of 29 three-pointers. Channing Frye was responsible for a huge portion of that, but Jared Dudley helped out, making 5 of 5.
- Luke Ridnour scored 21 points for the Timberwolves on an 80.8 TS%. He also added 9 rebounds, 9 assists and 5 turnovers.
Oklahoma City 120 – Sacramento 112
- There were some absurd free throw totals in this game. Kevin Durant made 15 of 17. DeMarcus Cousins made 18 of 21. The two teams combined to make 70 of 79.
- The Thunder turned the ball over on 19.0% of their possessions. Russell Westbrook and Durant combined for 12 of those turnovers.
- The Thunder made 18 of 23 shots at the rim. The Kings made just 9 of 21.
Washington 95 – Boston 94
- John Wall scored 24 points in 46 minutes. He was 5 of 17 from the field, but 14 of 15 at the free throw line.
- Both teams had more turnovers than assists. The Celtics had 21 turnovers to 20 assists. The Wizards had 18 turnovers to 14 assists.
- The Celtics made just 9 of 35 shots from beyond 15ft.