This is Last Night’s Numbers, a (mostly) daily feature where we run through the NBA games from the night before, highlighting one or two numbers I found particularly interesting from each game. All the stats are from Hoopdata’s box scores, which contain some additional advanced stats not available in traditional box scores.
Chicago 96 – Indiana 90
- For the second straight game, Chicago destroyed the Pacers on the glass. The Bulls grabbed 63.3% of the available rebounds with an ORR of 45.5%. Carlos Boozer and Joakim Noah combined for 26 rebounds, 11 at the offensive end.
- The Bulls’ rebounding edge helped overcome turning the ball over on 22.4% of their possessions. Derrick Rose turned the ball over 6 times in 40 minutes.
- The Pacers shot 41.6% for the game, while holding the Bulls to 38.6%. However, the Pacers made just 12 of 24 shots at the rim.
Miami 94 – Philadelphia 73
- The 76ers shot 34.2% for the game and made just 11 of 35 shots from inside of 10ft.
- Chris Bosh scored 21 points on a 73.3 TS%. He also added 11 rebounds, 3 steals and an assist, all without turning the ball over in 35 minutes.
- The 76ers perimeter players really struggled shooting the ball. Evan Turner was 6 of 10 from the field and made all 3 of his three-pointers. The rest of their guards shot 10 of 35, and were 3 of 11 on three-pointers.